Sunday, July 11, 2010

Honeymoon -- Day 2: Wine and Cheese!

(From Brian)
Upon returning to Barcelona from our no-wine tour we walked around some of the shops and popped into a wine store. There I found two different bottles from what I call "the fairy tale wine of my life". In college I tried a bottle of Luzon which I bought from Costco for $6. It was the best wine I ever tasted and so cheap but when I returned they had none in stock and I could not find it anywhere else. With two options in Barcelona it was about time to reunite with the legend of Luzon, pair it up with some goat cheese and manchego cheese and fulfill the wine and cheese binge off the registry...

In all of the excitement, we forgot about the exhaustion part. Lindsay was sound asleep before the knife hit the cheese and my feast involved a couple bites of bread, about $1 worth of the cheese (which actually goes a long way) and 1 glass of the fairy tale wine. Then bed. It's only our first complete day of the trip and already we feel like we have done enough to fill the better part of a week.

No comments: